Luxury bike tour operator LeBlanq has announced new ‘weekend joyride’ destinations for 2022 – Norway and Ibiza – as well as a return to Champagne, France, as it adds to 2022 stays already in sale in Scotland and the Isle of Wight.
Confirming the return of leading drivers including Sir Bradley Wiggins, Sir Chris Hoy, Matt Stephens and Adam Blythe, new names to debut in 2022 include:
- Mark Cavendish in Ibiza,
- Greg LeMond in Champagne, and
- Thor Hushovd in Norway.
There will also be first appearances from chefs such as Niklas Ekstedt, Alain Passard, Angela Hartnett and Tom Kitchin.
Fielding some of the biggest names in cycling and cooking, Mark Cavendish will ride in Ibiza heading into his season, fresh from his summer of competition, while three-time Tour de France winner Greg LeMond leads the pack. in Champagne.
Norway’s Thor Hushovd, who holds the most Grand Tour stage wins of any Scandinavian, and Niklas Ekstedt, Sweden’s king of open-fire cooking, will join forces in Norway. Meanwhile, in Champagne, LeBlanq is teaming up with Alain Passard de L’Arpège, holder of three Michelin stars and ranked 23rd on the list of the 50 best in the world.
With Ibiza, Norway and Champagne now on sale, the five LeBlanq ride weekends for 2022 are:
- May 13-15, Isle of Wight – Exhausted – The Royal Hotel, with Sir Bradley Wiggins, Johan Museeuw & Angela Hartnett. Two nights were priced at £2295 riders / £1995 non riders.
- July 8-10, Scotland – Exhausted – Dunskey Estate with Sir Chris Hoy, Tom Kitchin and Ashley Palmer-Watts. Two nights were priced at 2,495 riders/2,195 non-riders.
- August 19-21, Champagne – The Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa, with Greg LeMond & Alain Passard. Two nights priced at £3,995 riders / £3,045 non-riders.
- September 8-10, Norway – 62Nord, with Thor Hushovd & Niklas Ekstedt. Three nights priced at £2,995 riders / £2,245 non-riders.
- October 20-23, Ibiza – Hotel Riomar, with Mark Cavendish, Sir Bradley Wiggins & DJ Pete Tong. Three nights priced at £2,795 riders / £2,045 non-riders.
Positioned as “a curated luxury getaway for cycling foodies”, each weekend pairs legendary cyclists with world-class chefs, giving guests intimate access to share both the roads and the dining table with the hosts.
“Each weekend will include at least three beautiful rides at different levels, guided by a team of pros and Aston Martin support vehicles, as well as a “Time & Place” dinner to welcome guests, celebrating the culinary identity of the host region, and a five-course ‘Tour de Feast’ on Saturday evening, in honor of the leader of the trip.’
Justin Clarke, Founder of LeBlanq, said, “Our lineup for 2022 exceeded even our own expectations. With this year’s stellar list of destinations, hotels, riders and chefs, we are delivering on our promise to produce the best cycling experiences in the world.
“Among our new destinations for 2022, Norway promises breathtaking rides through the rugged beauty of the fjords, led by cycling legend Thor Hushovd, then back to taste the craziest new Nordic cuisine from the Scandinavian king of open-fire cooking. , Niklas Ekstedt, while Ibiza will be our biggest ride weekend yet, with a three-night break offering a sensational end-of-season party with Michelin-starred beach barbecues and sunset sessions by Pete Tong.”